Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Recipe Recap Week 3

I usually try to find a main dish to make as my new recipe of the week, but this Sunday as I prepared the grocery list and menu for the week I was totally uninspired.  Kevin said since I made 2 last week I could skip this week.  I really want to make at least one new one a week though so I gave it a day and then went through my binder of recipes again.  This time I came across Warm Cinnamon Apples torn out from Southen Living.  I already had everything I needed on hand which was an added bonus!

Warm Cinnamon Apples
4 cooking apples peeled and sliced (I used Gala)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1t cinnamon
1/4t nutmeg
2T water
1T butter

Toss the first 4 ingredients together in a ziploc bag.  Cook together, stirring occassionally, with the water and butter in a medium saucepan 8-10 minutes or until the apples are tender.


Warm Cinnamon Apples

These were very good and so easy to make!  While I am sure they were probably meant to be for dessert (they would be good over ice cream) we ate them as a side dish.  We were having bbq baked potatoes and it reminded me of something you might find as a side at a bbq restaurant.  Nolan wouldn't eat the actual apple but he did like the caramel like sauce!


Day 15:  When I squatted down to take his picture Nolan did the same


Day 16:  Showing off his new vacumn that he inhereted from the Laird cousins


1 comment:

  1. I think Jeff tricked us into taking that Dirt Devil vacuum. It's super noisy!

    ReplyDelete