Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The past 2 weeks

We are chugging through this long hot summer!  The house got new windows a few weeks ago.  The original 1968 windows were still on the house so not only did this help freshen up the look of the house, we are also hoping for some energy efficiency.  We think we are noticing a little bit of a difference in the coolness of the house, but with the temperatures being so incredibly high it is still a little hard to tell. 

As I briefly mentioned in the 4th of July post, we had a renegade chicken in our backyard for over a week.  The story is that someone in the neighborhood had a petting zoo and a chicken got away.  I guess the owner of the petting zoo said she had plenty of chickens and didn't care to chase this one down.  At first it was kind of fun to see a chicken in the backyard, but after several days of seeing it tearing up our flower beds we were over it!  There was a sign posted saying lost chicken so Kevin gave it a call and left a message.  We never heard anything back but stopped seeing the chicken so we figured someone came and got it.  A week went by with no sign of it.  That is until this weekend when Kevin was in the backyard and saw it run away.  At this point we don't really know what it is up to.  It does not seem to be tearing up the flower beds so I guess that is ok.

This past weekend the boys were busy!  Kevin and AB took the boys to Chuck E Cheese on Friday night while I went out for a MNO.  On Saturday I took the boys to Monkey Joe's, a bounce place, for a play group.  After a good nap I took both boys to the pool with Madeleine and Ashleigh.  That evening Kevin and I were able to get out for a little adult time with a couple of our neighbors.  On Sunday we did the typical grocery shopping and then that afternoon I took the boys to a pool party at a co-workers house.

Below are pictures from the past 2 weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment