Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recipe Recap Week 13

At one point a few months ago I realized that we had several pork tenderloins in the freezer.  I think HEB kept having them for a good price so I would pick one up and throw it in the freezer, I kept forgetting to pull one out for dinner though!  A few months back my trusty Southern Living had a recipe for Bourbon Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin.  Katherine made this during her maternity leave and said that it was good so I decided that would be my new recipe of the week and a good use for all of our pork.  The marinade is easy to throw together and other than the green onions we always have the ingredients on hand.  Kevin threw it on the grill and it was a quick easy dinner.  We all enjoyed it.

Ingredients

  • 2  (1-lb.) pork tenderloins
  • 1/4  cup  firmly packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/4  cup  minced green onions
  • 1/4  cup  bourbon
  • 1/4  cup  soy sauce
  • 1/4  cup  Dijon mustard
  • 1/2  teaspoon  freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2  teaspoon  cornstarch

Preparation

1. Remove silver skin from tenderloins, leaving a thin layer of fat. Combine brown sugar and next 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add pork. Seal bag, and chill 8 to 18 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade.
2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill pork, covered with grill lid, 8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine reserved marinade and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Cut pork diagonally into thin slices, and arrange on a serving platter; drizzle with warm sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment