Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

2 months and a short get away

Grant is now two months old and I haven't written anything since shortly after his birth!  He is a pretty good baby.  He likes to be held and to eat - a lot.  He doesn't really like the bouncy seat or the swing but has started to tolerate them for short periods of time.  Also, despite lots of trying, he doesn't seem to want a paci.  Both of his brothers were paci addicts so it is quite a change!  He will sometimes take it for a short period of time and seems to be ok with it but other times he spits it right out. He has recently started sleeping through the night, which is great, but there are still some nights that he might wake up one time.  He is also now sleeping in his crib.  Napping during the day isn't the greatest.  For a while he would sleep for several hours in his pack-and-play but since about week six he wakes up as soon as you try to lay him down.  We usually have an afternoon outing where he will sleep well in his car seat.  He also will nap in the Ergo carrier.  He started smiling around week 5 and he is really starting to do it a lot more now at nine weeks.

Last weekend we took a quick get away to the Laird's bay house.  We were supposed to go to their beach house but after an unfortunate hot water heater incident we had to change plans.  Luckily everything worked out even though plans had to be changed slightly.  We spent a good portion of Friday at Palm Beach Moody Gardens.  This is like a small water park perfect for younger kids.  There is a splash pad, lazy river, wave pool, and water slides.  Grant slept well in his stroller while Kevin and I took turns in the water with Nolan and Henry.  After Palm Beach we went down to the Strand and had ice cream at La King's.  The ice cream cups were pretty big but Nolan and Henry managed to eat their whole cup.  We also walked down the Strand a little but it was pretty hot.  That night we went back to the island and ate at Fish Tales.  The plan Saturday morning was to spend some time at the beach before heading home.  There were some storms that morning though so our beach time was cut pretty short.  Of course once we were back at the bay house packing to go home the sun was shining brightly! Even though it was short it was nice to get away.  With a newborn we weren't sure we would do anything this summer.

Grant has his two month check up on Monday.  I am curious to see what he weighs etc.  I will update after the appointment with his one and two month stats.

We are also only one week away from Nolan starting Pre-K!  We have talked it up a lot and I think he is excited.  We will go to "meet the teacher" next Friday.  It will be his first true look at the school. 

I am also just 2 weeks away from going back to work :( I have enjoyed my summer with Grant so I will miss that, but I am not sure I am ready to be home full time with all three.  It will be nice to have a true routine everyday too. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment