Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

Our "big ultrasound" on January 31 confirmed what the guess at 12 weeks was.  Baby Brock #3 is a boy!  We are very excited about a third boy.  Yes, a girl would have been fun and a nice book end to the string of boys on my side of the family, but a boy will be extra fun with both Katherine and Kasey expecting boys so close to ours.

Baby boy was fairly stubborn during the u/s.  It appeared he was laying on his stomach so the tech could see the back and spine very well but was having a hard time seeing other things.  I did a lot of moving to my side and then back to my back.  In the end she said she was able to measure everything and we were told that all looks great!  We didn't come away with the best pictures but he did flash a peace sign (or a "V" for Villanova!) and we saw a few yawns. 

Like I did with Henry I will do an occassional pregnancy update.

How far along:  22 weeks
Size of baby:  I am pretty sure it is about the size of a Papaya right now.  On 1/31 we were told approx 14 oz.
Weight gain:  not positive, but I wouldn't share anyway!  My guess would be that I will gain similarly to my first two.  Not working out this time around do to minor early complications so hopefully it won't be more!
Maternity clothes:  yes, definitely.  I wear non-maternity work out clothes and PJ's but everything else is maternity
Gender:  another boy
Movement:  starting to pick up.  Usually after eating I will feel something but it isn't constant yet.
Sleep:  Doing pretty well. 
What I miss:  I kind of miss going to the gym during lunch.  It gave me something to do.  Now I spend obscene amounts of time at Target.  I could go back to working out again, but I canceled my gym membership when my office moved.  I will join a new one after he arrives.
Cravings:  nothing specific.  Spicy and sweet call my name though! 
Symptoms:  nothing right now really...possibly just hunger, I feel it is pretty constant.
Best moment of the week:  feeling more movement and knowing that all is going well.
 
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment