Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Viva Las Vegas

For Mother's Day weekend Kristin, Ellen, and I treated ourselves to a weekend away in Las Vegas!  With 8 boys between the 3 of us it was nice to get away!  I was a little sad not to see my boys on Mother's Day but that weekend just worked out the best for everyone. 

Kristin and I had been talking about taking a weekend trip but didn't know where we should go.  Kevin had just returned from Vegas, at the time, and said it would be a good place for us because there are so many options for what to do.  Kristin liked that suggestion and invited Ellen to go with us. 

I had been to Vegas once with Kevin about 5 years ago.  When we went we didn't see any shows or do anything other than the casino's so I wanted to do more this time around.  We bought tickets to see Love, drove out to the Hoover Dam, did a little shopping, had a nice Mother's Day dinner at Mesa, one of Bobby Flay's restaurants, and of course did some gambling.  Kristin is the only one that won any money.  She played the slots and won a decent amount two times.  In the end she said she was only up a little...but something is better than nothing!  

First stop after the airport was to Kevin's favorite place...In-N-Out Burger.
When I checked into the hotel they said there was an Edible Arrangement for us.  Kevin had sent it as a Mother's Day present.  Chocolate covered strawberries and apples...yummy!
In front of the Bellagio fountains on the way to see Love.

Ellen and Kristin enjoying a drink on the Strip.
Self portrait at the Hoover Dam.

In front of the Vegas sign on the way to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment