I think Nolan and Henry are competing with each other to see who has the best cough. As I said last week Henry had been to the doctor and had a breathing treatment for his cough/wheezing, well Saturday was Nolan's turn! He woke up in the middle of the night on Friday. Kevin got in bed with him and he slept for maybe an hour but then woke up again. He was in a good mood but was sweating and felt very warm. We took his temp and he was running a fever. He was also coughing quite a bit. He said he wanted to watch Yo Gabba Gabba so we went downstairs, had some Motrin and watched a little bit of YGG at 2 am. After 2 episodes Kevin put him to bed again. It wasn't long before we heard something again. Kevin went into his room and found that he had thrown up. We think it was just a result of all the coughing he was doing. So finally at about 3 we brought him to bed with us where we all slept until about 6:30. It was a long night! I took him to the doctor on Saturday morning and the doctor said that his ears and throat were clear but she was going to do a breathing treatment because he had some wheezing and was working hard to breathe. He did great for the first half of it but really fought the second half. The treatment really seemed to help and his cough is almost gone now. Kevin and I laughed at one point though because we would hear Nolan coughing on his monitor and then a minute later Henry was coughing on his. Now we just need to get Henry's cough cleared up. Sunday night it was pretty bad he woke himself up from coughing and it took us a while to get him back down. Last night the same thing happened so we went ahead and gave him a few puffs on the inhaler that the doctor gave us.
In other news, we haven't been doing too much with the boys being sick and it being so hot. This weekend we had record highs of around 110! Here is a picture I took of the thermometer in our backyard.

Since I recently posted about the power struggles I was having with Nolan in the morning I want to report that things are going very well right now. He is still very opinionated about what clothes he wants to wear (there are a few t-shirts that are in constant rotation) but we have fallen into a nice routine. I know that it can change any day, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. My favorite thing about mornings right now is the few minutes of snuggle time the boys and I have. Almost every morning lately Nolan has still been asleep when I go into his room. Henry and I will sit at this bottom of his bed. If he doesn't wake up to the sound of us coming in I will tickle his toes until he wakes up. He sits up and comes and snuggles in to my side. It is such a nice few minutes before the craziness of getting him dressed and both boys out the door on time begins. I took the picture below with my IPod so it isn't the greatest but it is our snuggle time.
Here are pictures from this past week:
 |
| Day 232: Turning off the TV |
 |
| Day 233: He set up chairs to watch YGG |
 |
| Day 234: "No pictures" |
 |
| Day 235: eating a banana |
 |
| Day 236: trying to get in the book shelf |
 |
| Day 237: he said he was riding the train |
 |
| Day 238: He spent a long time "cleaning" the coffee table |
 |
| Henry's trick with his paci |
No comments:
Post a Comment